- 115g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 130g brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 180g all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 80g white chocolate chips
- 60g J.O. Sims Sugar Infused Dried Cherries
- 60g J.O. Sims Sugar Infused Dried Blueberries
1. In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment or with your electric mixer, beat together the butter and brown sugar until fully combined (about 2 minutes). Add in egg and vanilla extract and beat until incorporated.
2. In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Add this to the butter and brown sugar mixture gradually until the dough comes together. Stir in white chocolate chips and the sugar infused dried cherries and blueberries. Refrigerate overnight or for 8-12 hours. You can bake the cookies without the chill time but we find the flavour is a lot better with a rest in the fridge.
3. Preheat the oven to 180C (170C Fan). Scoop dough into 1 and 1/2 tablespoon balls, flatten slightly and place on a prepared baking sheet, with at least 1 inch in between them.
4. Bake the cookies for 9-11 minutes. Cool on a rack for 5 minutes.