MULTISCAN MACHINE TECHNICIAN
Job Purpose Summary:
The purpose of this job is to run an optical grading machine, to ensure that the correct quality of fruit is being packed according to customer specifications. Common responsibilities include quick decision-making on the spot, identify optimal performance for both production and quality, and monitor the machinery performance.
- Run optical sorting machinery to optimise raw material ensuring target quality to the customer and keeping waste at the minimum.
- Understand the machinery software and have a proactive approach to manage settings to optimise the sorting process.
- Understand the quality requirements per customer and their product ranges to ensure that their quality specifications are being met.
- Assess fruit quality from the raw and graded material.
- Entering batch codes into the system in order for yield reporting
- Liaising with Line Leaders and Quality Controllers to ensure that lines run smoothly while keeping the fruit quality into customers standard
- Participate in performance review meetings with management team in order to show progress and challenges.
- Ensure you follow food safety and hygiene standards throughout each production run
- Complete production paperwork and electronic data accurately
- Assist on machinery performance and report any findings to the Line Leader
- You may be required to work in other areas of the business or may be asked to perform other duties as the business required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- GCSE or equivalent in Mathematics and English
- Able to use good English language and grammar in both written and spoken context
- Basic computer skills
- Experience of working within a food production environment
- Able to work under pressure and multitasking
- Must be prepared to work in a chilled environment (all PPE provided)
- Be flexible in relation to the role and hours worked. The ability to work reasonable additional hours as necessary will be required
This role operates on a 5 from 7 shift pattern. Start and finish times may vary.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent