Job Purpose Summary:
To lead the QC team to ensure that all fruit is checked on arrival and the accompanying reports are complete and accurate prior to being forwarded to the appropriate Procurement, Commercial, Operations, Technical and Quality personnel (this is inclusive of completing checks as well as supporting those completing the checks). You will provide early warnings of problems/potential problems to prevent rejections / interruption to working by completing checks on-line and at the point of out-load ensuring that all fruit supplied meets customer specifications, and ensure the Production and Quality Managers/Supervisors are informed of all problems/deviations from specifications, working with them to find solutions.
- Generate season end reviews and customer report data for the quality team KPIs, making recommendations or suggestions for improvement where noted throughout the season to ensure continuous improvement. Support in setting quality KPI targets and QIPs (Quality Improvement Plans)
- Work with the team to complete internal audits on documentation and business practices to ensure high standards, meeting customer requirements are in place and maintained
- Continually seek opportunities for development and improvement in practices that may improve output of the Quality function within the business and support through to completion
- Support with on-site visits and working with customer depots where necessary to ensure continued customer relationships
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Good fresh fruit product knowledge
- Good verbal and written communication skills with an ability to organise and plan, working flexibly where required whilst showing initiative
- Ability to mentor or coach team members when required (new starters, new requirements and ongoing etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and internal systems
- Good educational standard with qualifications/college courses relevant to the industry and job level
This role is full time and permanent, working 40 hours per week working Monday-Friday with occasional weekend working.